Investor FAQs

Investor FAQs

Find the answers to a range of questions we are frequently asked by our shareholders. If you cannot find an answer to your query, please contact us and we will answer as soon as possible.

On which stock exchange are Stobart Group Limited shares listed?

The Company’s shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange, under the code: STOB.

Where can I check Stobart Group’s share price performance?

We provide share price information (delayed by 15 minutes) on our Share Price Display page.

Who is the company's share registrar?

Capita Registrars (Guernsey Limited) Mont Crevelt House Bulwer Avenue St Sampson Guernsey GY2 4LH Telephone (from within the UK) 0871 664 030 - Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras. Lines are open 8.30am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri. Telephone (from outside the UK) +44 208 639 3399 Please contact the registrar for the following information: Transferring your shares to another person. Change of name or address of a shareholder. If you have lost your share certificate(s). Find out how many shares you hold. What to do if a shareholder has died.

When is the company's financial year-end?

Our financial year ends at the end of February, with half year ends in August.

When will dividends be paid?

The Company’s dividends are usually paid in January, April, July and October.

In which currency will my dividends be paid?

Dividends for the Stobart Group are paid in Sterling.

What are my options for dividend payment?

In addition to receiving your dividends by cheque, payment can be arranged directly into your bank account. If you have a UK bank account you can sign up for this service on, or contact Capita’s customer support centre. This is a more secure service; reducing the risk of cheque fraud, the possibility cheques getting lost in the post and removing the inconvenience of depositing a cheque.

What can I do if I don't receive a dividend?

Please contact the Company Registrar, Capita Registrars (contact details available above).

How can I get a copy of the annual and interim reports?

The current Annual Report, historic annual and interim reports and shareholder presentations can be found on our Results and Presentations page, as downloadable PDF files.

When and where is the Company’s AGM?

The Notice of AGM will also be displayed on the AGM Information page.

How can I buy or sell Stobart Group shares?

You can use Capita Asset Services to buy and sell shares. For further information on this service, or to buy and sell shares visit or call 0871 664 0454 (calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras, lines are open 8.00am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. From outside of the UK dial + 44 20 3367 2699). Terms, conditions and risks apply. Capita Asset Services is a trading name of Capita IRG Trustees Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This service is only available to private shareholders resident in the European Economic Area, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man. This is not a recommendation to buy and sell shares and this service may not be suitable for all shareholders. We recommend you check the commission charges for the provider and the service you require and contact your current bank or stockbroker who will be able to advise you. Alternatively contact an IFA to find a provider that suits your requirements. Many share dealing services offer online, telephone or postal services for buying and selling shares. The price of shares can go down as well as up and you are not guaranteed to get back the amount you originally invested.

What is my Shareholder Reference Number?

This is an 11-digit number. It can be found either on your share certificate or on your tax voucher (which is sent to you on the dividend payment date twice a year). Please note that some share certificates state an 8-digit shareholder reference; this has been superseded by the 11-digit number found on your latest tax voucher.

What is Stobart Group’s policy on hard copy and electronic communications?

Unless shareholders have requested otherwise, Stobart Group provides shareholder documents via the Company's website. This provides an environmentally friendly and cost effective manner of communication with our shareholders. Copies of the Annual Report and Accounts and documents in relation to General Meetings are hard copy mailed to individual shareholders alongside being posted on the Company’s web site.

How can I keep informed of the Company's activities other than by the statutory documents sent to shareholders?

You can receive notifications of Stobart Group news from the London Stock Exchange Regulatory News Service.

How secure are my shares and my personal information?

Shareholders are advised to be extremely cautious of any unsolicited advice, offers to buy shares at a discount, or offers of free reports about the Company. Stobart Group does not endorse any specific share dealing facilities and will not pass on shareholder information to any third party, however, the Company's register is, by law, open to public inspection. Any requests for access to the register are subject to 'proper purpose' requirements to ensure that the information is not used unlawfully.

If you believe you have received unsolicited investment advice, you should take the following steps:

  • Get the name of the person and organisation contacting you.
  • Check the Financial Services Register at to ensure they are authorised.
  • Use the details on the FCA Register to contact the firm.
  • Call the FCA Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768 if there are no contact details on the Register or you are told they are out of date.
  • Search the FCA’s list of unauthorised firms and individuals to avoid doing business with.
  • REMEMBER: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
If you use an unauthorised firm to buy or sell shares or other investments, you will not have access to the Financial Ombudsman Service or Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) if things go wrong.

What should I do if I have been contacted by an overseas 'broker' or believe I have received unsolicited investment advice?

Share fraud includes scams where investors are called out of the blue and offered shares that often turn out to be worthless or non-existent, or an inflated price for shares they own. These calls come from fraudsters operating in ‘boiler rooms’ that are mostly based abroad. While high profits are promised, those who buy or sell shares in this way usually lose their money. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has found most share fraud victims are experienced investors who lose an average of £20,000, with around £200m lost in the UK each year. For further information please read our FCA warning page. If you need to report a scam you should tell the FCA using the share fraud reporting form at You can also call the Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768. If you have already paid money to share fraudsters you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.

How can I donate my shares to charity?

If you have only a small number of shares which are uneconomical to sell you may wish to donate them to charity free of charge through ShareGift (Registered Charity10528686). Find out more at or by telephoning 020 7930 3737.